PhD defense by Xiaofeng Chen
Xiaofeng Chen, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience will defend his thesis on: "Improved diagnosis, treatment of biofilm-related infections and development of a chronic wound biofilm model"
14.09.2020 kl. 10.00 - 13.00
”Improved diagnosis, treatment of biofilm-related infections and development of a chronic wound biofilm model”
The number of chronic and medical device-related infections are increasing globally and pose major financial burdens to the communities. Most of these infections are estimated to be biofilm related. The purpose of this PhD study was to improve the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of selected infections, especially considering the biofilm issue.
- Supervisor: Associate Professor Trine Rolighed Thomsen, Dept. Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
- Co-supervisor: Yijuan Xu, Dept. Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
- Associate professor Morten Simonsen Dueholm (Moderator), Dept. of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
- Associate professor Lars Haastrup Pedersen (Chairman), Dept. of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
- Associate professor Mette Burmølle. University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Professor Tom Coenye, Ghent University, Belgium.
Please sign up using this Doodle if you participate either virtual or physically in the defense:
There will be a small reception after the defense. Please mark in the Doodle if you will join this part of the arrangement latest 10.09.2020
If you participate virtual: Be aware that you must be muted during the whole defense, also your camera must be off in order to maintain transmission capacity and prevent technical interruptions. The defense starts exactly at 10 am. Please, make sure that you have logged in at least fifteen minutes before that time. The session is open from 9:30. You are not allowed to join the online session after the defense has started, neither during the break or the examination. There will be a short break between the defense and the opponents’ questions. You have the possibility to contact the moderator by mail and state your question: email@example.com.
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Section of Biotechnology
Fredrik Bajers Vej 7H, 9220 Aalborg Ø, room number: 3.122-3.128