PhD Defence by Peter Clement Lund: Grief as Disorder
Peter Clement Lund defends the thesis: Grief as Disorder. On the transformation of grief from existential emotion to pathological entity.
28.01.2022 kl. 15.00 - 18.00
The defense will take place at Teglgårds Plads 1 (Nordkraft), 9000 Aalborg in room 10.13 and online via zoom.
For online participants:
Meeting ID: 658 8192 7413
About the thesis
This PhD-dissertation explores the current culture of grief with a particular focus on the forthcoming diagnostic classification of Prolonged Grief Disorder, while also telling the story of why the initial work concerned with implementing the diagnosis in Denmark broke down. By situating the dissertation within a sociological understanding of death and society as inherently connected, the dissertation attempts to work out what has led us to a point in time where grief now exists as something that may be considered pathological and what this tells us about contemporary society. Read more and download thesis.
- PhD supervisor: Associate Professor Anders Petersen, Aalborg University
- Assistant PhD supervisor: Professor Svend Brinkmann, Aalborg University
- Associate Professor Sarah Awad (chair), Aalborg University
- Associate Professor Leeat Granek, University of Toronto
- Associate Professor Mikael Carleheden, University of Copenhagen
Department of Communication and Psychology
Teglgårds Plads 1 (Nordkraft), 9000 Aalborg in room 10.13 - and online via Zoom.