PhD defence by Alvise Vianello
Alvise will present and defend his thesis "A Journey into Microplastic Analysis using FTIR Spectroscopy". The defence is carried out via Skype.
30.04.2020 kl. 13.00 - 17.00
Alvise Vianello will present his thesis “A journey into microplastic analysis using FTIR spectroscopy”, describing the significant contribution of infrared spectroscopy to the development of microplastic analytics through his experimental studies.
From studying the distribution of microplastics in coastal waters and sediments to assessing human exposure to airborne microplastics, the experimental studies highlight the broad applicability of infrared spectroscopy for the analysis of microplastics in different environmental matrices, as well as its evolution over time.
How to participate
Due to the Covid-19 situation, the PhD defence will be carried out via Skype for Business.
- Please send an email to Linda V. Andersen no later than 28 April 2020 and you will get an invite for the event or a copy of thesis if requested.
- Assoc. Prof. Jesper Ellerbæk Nielsen, Dept. of the Built Environment, AAU (chairperson)
- Senior Research Scientist, Yvonne Shashoua, National Museum of Denmark, Denmark
- Senior Research Scientist, Alessio Gomiero, NORCE Norwegian Research Centre AS, Norway
- Supervisor, Prof. Jes Vollertsen, Dept. of the Built Environment, AAU
- Assoc. Prof. Søren Thorndahl, Dept. of the Built Environment, AAU
Michael Rasmussen will be the lay representative at the defense.
13:00: Welcome by Moderator
13:05: Lecture and presentation by Ph.D. student (45 min)
During the break, participants can email questions to the chairman Søren L. Thorndahl.
If such are received, the questioner puts them forward after the assessment committee has finalized their question and answer
14:00: The assessment committee will ask questions about the work
16:00: End of defense.
The assessment committee enters another “room”, evaluates and writes the final assessment
16:45 (approx.): The assessment committee rejoins the “Defence room” and announces its decision
17:00: End of event
Department of the Built Environment, AAU
Skype for Business