Ph.d. defense Nikolaos Montesantos
Nikolaos Montesantos, Department of Chemistry and Bioscience will defend his thesis on: "Valorization of lignocellulosic biocrudes by supercritical carbon dioxide extraction”.
09.10.2020 kl. 15.00 - 18.00
Title: Valorization of lignocellulosic biocrudes by supercritical carbon dioxide extraction.
Abstract: Global effort to reduce human dependency on petroleum has led to the advancement of crude bio-oils. In order to produce transportation fuel from bio-oils, a series of separation and chemical upgrading process have to be developed. This PhD study suggests the use of compressed carbon dioxide as a green solvent for extraction of bio-oils. The purpose of the process is to separate a partially upgraded fraction that is better suited for downstream chemical upgrading thus improving the overall bio-oil to fuel potential.
- Associate Professor Marco Maschietti, Dept. Chemistry and Bioscience AAU, Denmark
- Associate Professor Rudi Pankratz Nielsen, Dept. Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
- Associate Professor Saqib Sohail Toor (Chairman), Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Associate Professor Marcos Lúcio Corazza, Instituto de Inovação Científica e Tecnológica em Energias Renováveis, Federal University of Paraná, Brazil.
- Professor María José Cocero Alonso, Departamento de Ingeniería Química y Tecnología del Medio Ambiente, University of Valladolid, Spain.
Moderator – Lay representative
- Associate Professor Jens Muff, Dept. Chemistry and Bioscience, AAU, Denmark
The defense will be held both with physical participation and virtually via MS Teams. The MS Teams link will be provided in the following Doodle at a later time. Please be advised that due to coronavirus restrictions the physical participation may be limited. Please sign up using the following Doodle link choosing between physical or virtual participation:
If you participate virtually: Be aware that your microphone must be muted during the whole defense and your camera must be off to maintain bandwidth and prevent technical interruptions. The defense starts exactly at 3 pm (UTC+1). Please, make sure that you have logged in at least fifteen minutes before that time. New participants are not allowed to join the online session after the defense has started. There will be a short break between the defense and the opponents’ questions. You have the possibility to contact the moderator by mail and state your question: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Chemistry and Bioscience, Section of Chemical Engineering, AAU Esbjerg
Niels Bohrs Vej 8A, 6700, Esbjerg, Room: C1-119