The Cigre Symposium on Going Offshore - Challenges of the Future Power Grid will be held in Aalborg, Denmark, from June 4 to 7, 2019.
04.06.2019 kl. 08.30 - 07.06.2019 kl. 17.00
The aim of the 2019 CIGRÉ International Symposium is to provide a forum for recent research results and system operations experience related to the rapid transformation and challenges imposed on networks and markets by increased amounts of renewables in the energy mix.
Perhaps exemplified more than anywhere, Northern Europe is about to increase its already large share of wind power with further offshore plants and offshore interconnectors.
Concurrent wider changes to energy generation and consumption patterns, and challenges to obtain right-of-way for new transmission lines, drive a need to rethink transmission and its coordination with distribution networks. As an example, over 50% of Denmark’s electrical energy generation is connected at distribution-level, where the roll-out of electric vehicle charging and electric heating will introduce very large power balancing challenges.
The objective of the symposium is to address recent technical advances and policy that allow transmission and distribution networks to enter their next era, in particular those related to offshore generation, transmission and distribution.
The preferential topics reflect the above, and beyond, across technology, planning, operations and markets. The symposium is intended to bring these important topics to discussion during the technical sessions.
The principal topics for the symposium are (but not limited to):
- Offshore wind power network connection technologies and equipment: submarine and underground cables; HVAC and HVDC connections; wind farm power quality, transient and harmonic stability.
- Operation and system stability of weak networks with wind penetration, both DC and AC infeeds.
- (Offshore) HVDC technical and economic system perspectives, including multi-terminal DC networks, DC/AC hybrid transmission.
- Submarine cable technology and lifecycle.
- Upgrades and restructuring of onshore networks with mixed usage of HVAC, HVDC, overhead lines, underground and submarine cables.
- Changes and advances to split between roles and functionalities of distribution and transmission networks. Advances in exchange of data and services between DSO and TSO.
- Eco-design and environmental concerns of offshore and onshore transmission solutions, including asset management and public acceptance.
Siemens, Ørsted and Energinet sponsor the event.
Cigré Danish National Committee together with Department of Energy Technology, Aalborg University
Aalborg Congress & Culture Centre, Europa Plads 4, 9000 Aalborg