*POSTPONED* Scientific Methods to Conduct Bibliometric Literature Reviews. Tools and Techniques
POSTPONED – NEW DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED. Literature review workshop: Get new inspiration for future publications by Assistant Professor Amitabh Anand from SKEMA Business School, Academy of Digitalization.
31.03.2020 kl. 09.00 - 14.00
When scholars set out to advance a specific line of research, the synthesis of past research findings through a literature review is critical. When a field is very rich and dense, the process of analyzing literature can be a daunting task and searching for an appropriate technique for literature reviews remain a challenge. In recent years, advanced techniques such as bibliometrics coupled with science mapping are increasingly applied in research to gain insights into the intellectual structure and trends of a broad academic discipline. However, the challenge still exists in exploring, organizing, and producing the literature review in a readable and understandable format.
This session will help you understand scientific ways of doing bibliometric literature reviews. The session will specifically answer the following objectives:
- What is the role of bibliometrics and the different techniques used in a literature review
- How to use Scopus metrics in combination with bibliometrics
- How to use VOS viewer software for mapping a discipline of the literature
- How to code data and perform literature reviews using a table matrix presentation of the review using a timeline series
- How to identify research gaps and emerging trends in a discipline 6. How to use the bibliometric reviews to publish as chapters or journal articles.
The workshop includes complementary lunch.
Max no. of participants: 30.
Department of Business and Management, Aalborg University
Fibigerstræde 11, room 39, 9220 Aalborg Øst